Though we appreciate your generosity, the PRC also discourages donations of old clothes as we have more than enough to go around.
Any individual, group or organization can send donations to the Philippine Red Cross. Prior to shipping of donations, kindly secure necessary customs requirements and must bear a consular notarization or authentication so that they will be accorded legal effect in the Philippines. The process is as follows:
- The donor should send a letter of intent to donate to the Philippine Red Cross.
- A letter of acceptance from PRC shall be sent back to the donor immediately.
- Before shipping the goods, please send the following to the PRC to process duty-free entries:
- Original Deed of Donation duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy / Consulate of the country where the donor is located
- Original copies of pro-forma invoice or commercial invoice and packing list / inventory of donated items;
- Original Airway Bill for air shipments or Bill of Lading for sea shipments addressed to Philippine Red Cross - National Headquarters c/o Secretary General Oscar Palabyab, 37 EDSA corner Boni Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
The PRC does not accept rotten, damaged, expired or decayed goods. For perishable goods, PRC only accept goods with expiry date of more than six (6) months.
For medicines, medical equipment and the likes, clearance from the Department of Health (DOH) and Food and Drug Authority (FDA) must be obtain first before shipping of items.